Neponset River Greenway Council Meeting
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
St. Brendan's Church, 589 Gallivan Blvd., Dorchester, MA
Join us for our monthly meeting as we discuss progress of construction of the Neponset Trail and other issues along the Neponset River Greenway with staff from the Mass. Department of Conservation and Recreation, which manages it, the police who patrol it, and concerned citizens. Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at rotating locations in communities of the Lower Neponset. The agenda is at
Future Greenway Council meetings
April 5, 2016 Foley Senior Residences, Mattapan
May 3, 2017 Milton Yacht Club, Milton
June 7, 2017 District E-18 Police Station, Hyde Park
July 5, 2017 Port Norfolk Yacht Club, Dorchester
Along the Trail:
Mattapan and Milton Construction Update
Construction was on hold over the winter, but should be finished this spring. The Harvest River Bridge is already photogenic, though.
Ashmont-Mattapan Trolley Meetings
According to the Dorchester Reporter, "T officials plan major repairs to Mattapan trolleys; public meetings set for April". Public meetings are scheduled for:
Monday, April 3 at the Mattapan Library
Thursday, April 13 at Milton High School
Monday, April 24 at the Lower Mills Library
Spring Neponset River Cleanup, Saturday, April 29
DCR Park Serve Day, a statewide volunteer service day will be cleaning up three sites alongside the Neponset River Estuary. Please register here if you want to participate.
● Quincy RiverWaIk: Meet at the Neponset Landing Pier, next to Neponset Landing Apartments at 2 Hancock Street. Park under the Neponset Bridge, between the Adams Inn and Neponset Landing Apartments.
● Granite Ave. Marshes and Neponset Greenway Trail in Dorchester: Meet at the far end of the Shields MRI parking lot at 161 Granite Ave., near the Neponset Greenway Trail. Park in the Shields MRI parking lot, or across the street, at the Neponset ll Park on Hill Top St.
● Baker Dam/Small DCR Park/Boat Ramp/Neponset River Greenway Trail: Meet in the small park next to the Baker Square Condominiums on Adams Street. We will have groups focusing on the boat ramp at Central Avenue, the bank near the Baker Dam on the Milton side of the river, and the stretch of the Greenway between Central Avenue and Adams Street.
Please wear long pants and clothes that you don 't mind getting dirty, along with appropriate closed toe footwear. Don't forget hats, work gloves, sunscreen, and water.
Other Spring Events Along And Near the Neponset
● Celebrate the Trail: Bike and walk from Mattapan Station to Central Ave. on the next weekend afternoon after both bridges are open.
● First Weekend of Spring Bike Ride, Saturday, March 25 10:00 am: Bike along the Neponset Trail, present and future, from Paul's Bridge at the Boston Milton line to Castle Island and back.
● Earth Day Stony Brook Ride, Saturday, April 15 10:00 am: Follow the route of Stony Brook from the top of Bellevue Hill in Stony Brook Reservation to the Back Bay Fens.
● Bike Month Mother Brook Ride, Sunday, May 7 1:00 pm from the corner of Nott St. and Fairmount St. in Hyde Park (at the Hyde Park sign) to the Charles River in Dedham and back, partly following the Dedham Rail Trail.